Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Serial Slicing final outcome Daniela Guarin

I've been updating what happened with my serial sliced piece. In the previous post I was at the grinding stages.
In process
I decided to incorporate other materials to the sculpture to make it more visually interesting. I wanted to add color to the wood too, but without losing the line detail, which is one of my favorite aspects of this technique.

 I had to try several different positions before committing to a base. I wanted to be a dynamic, rounded piece.

Beginning painting stages
 I used a mixture of blue and purple tints with polyurethane paint. After I finished the paint, it was a little too strong of a look, so I decided to sand it down while it was humid to give it a more textural look and to accentuate certain parts of the piece as well.

Adding more material
 Here is the final result:

No comments:

Post a Comment