Tuesday, May 21, 2013

KYLE JOSEPH - WAFFLE STRUCTURE - SCPT_250

Continuing with the idea of bringing my 2D gestures into actual space, I based my waffle structure

off of some works I did in a previous quarter.


I wanted to create a simple rounded form crossing paths, yet joining in the same space.

The model was created in Rhino and then Grasshopper was used to slice the form into its waffle

structure.

The splices were laid out and laser cut on hardwood and then slotted together.

Over the summer I am hoping to fill this skeleton with foam, sand it down, coat it with fiberglass or resin and paint it. This class has been pushing my thinking into the third dimension and I see my work heading more in this direction in the near future. It will be interesting to dissect the space in between my paintings and these sculptures.



No comments:

Post a Comment