Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Audrey Dakin: Waffle Structure- SCPT 250

Upon learning how to do the waffle structure, I found it helpful and a good use of armature for a structure that will be of great scale or size. I however did not find waffle structures as interesting or as appealing to me as the serial sliced structure. I felt that the detail that could be described in serial slices was not present in the waffle structure as well. So when I printed out the waffle demo, I instantly had a problem because the notches were sized wrong and the pieces  were too thick to fit into the notches. I never re-printed the pattern out because I chose to push forward with a few of the other projects that we have been working on, but I do see the importance of having learned this structure!

No comments:

Post a Comment