Sunday, November 10, 2013

FDM 3- D Printing Federico VIlla

I continued my exploration of digital media with the queen piece from the chess set I designed and decided to use my early learnings in Maya to to some surface modifications on the polygons of the piece and then smooth the gaps to create a more fluid form.
From the form I was able to soften the edges and then extrude the surfaces to create a printable FDM solid. I used a 5x5x6 window of printing so I was able to print 2 pieces and I then realized I had some open area, and decided to print two study figures I had created in Rhino.

This is how the finished pieces turned out. I was very happy with the turnout of the piece and impressed at the incredible precision of the 3D printer to create su complex shapes.




No comments:

Post a Comment