Saturday, November 9, 2013

Milling Federico VIlla

For the milling project, I was very interested in the use of light to create an interesting take on form so I was inspired in the geometry of triangles and the composition they make.

From there I created a simple form in rhino which would allow me to explore the interaction of light within a piece and give me a sense of how the mill could replicate my digital design Below are explorative renderings of what I would like my piece to look like, and what it could grow into.


I used poplar which is fairly inexpensive to test out how the piece would look. Below is the result after it was milled. I was very happy with how the piece turned out but I would love to make it larger and turn it into a wall fixture or bookshelf.


No comments:

Post a Comment