Thursday, August 26, 2010

Rex Brodie – Project 3 Laser cutting

For my laser cutting exploration project I decided to create a radial waffle structure of an asymmetric form. It took a couple of attempts before I successfully created a rib pattern that was aesthetically pleasing and functioned properly.

Unfortunately the Massive Unroll script was not working properly, requiring me to manual layout the laser cutting file. A few of my numbers were missing so the beginning of the assembly process was a little confusing.









































I took a Forging class this summer and discovered that I really enjoy the process. I will create a forged metal base for this piece that juxtaposes the hand-crafted organic forged forms with the geometric laser cut form

Update 2/16/2012.

Neo-Luddite Rebellion, 2011.Forged Steel, Digitally fabricated wood form, 48 x 40 x 40 in.

No comments:

Post a Comment