Monday, February 18, 2013

B. Rogers_ Serial Slices


With this project I was still exploring how to Boolean join and form contours with the pipe commands. Working with layers and utilizing the curves tool, I wound up with an egg-like solid which I cut off the bottom and developed a fascination with the command bar. The slices waffle script was used to cut the sculpture into its parts, and was able to be finished with three sheets of 2"x4" luann.



The structure is supported with 4 1/2 dowls;
here we see the glue up process. I used Titebond 3


There are a couple interesting ways for which the sculpture to be displayed.
I happen to think the look of the sliced wood in its 'stepped form" is appealing, despite being a byproduct of the process, It looks very cool to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment