Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Christian Dunbar - Digital Sculpture in Environments






For my final endeavor in SCPT 250, I used keyshot and Photoshop to put pieces in ideal environments. For the Wave, I chose an obscure dry desert setting so as to show it as monumental while highlighting the near wet looking black chrome material that I rendered it in. For the Sphere Chair, I placed the piece in a contemporary room that had inherent architecture that complimented the chair's structure. I used pearl white for the horizontal slats, and glossy black plastic for the base. For my final piece, I chose to show my Blade sculpture in a dimly lit art gallery. As was always my hope, I was able to render it as a monumental piece, standing 7' tall. For this setting, I used a dark wood on a steel base.

No comments:

Post a Comment