Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Arden Saunders: FINAL

So much to do, so little time! By far the most interesting class I've taken at SCAD so far, digital sculpture opened my eyes to a whole new world of sculpting. From waffle structures to 3D printing, my designs were based on basic polygonal and nurbs shapes put together to make a bigger shape. The skull, however, was based more on a philosophical take, referring to a skull being spun around and warped instead of being "normal". I think the spun around skull represents how the skull and mind actaully is, spun around and different from each mind. I'm also very excited that I got to learn vacuum forming with the foam. This is a critical technique that was necessary for me to learn to understand and proceed with sculpture. It was such a cool technique to learn and to have in the future. In the end, I am overall proud and happy of my success in this class and will continue to use these digital techniques in the future for sculpture.














No comments:

Post a Comment