Thursday, April 4, 2013

Sam Lasseter, CNC Mill

Thus far I have been thinking about trees, specifically tree rings and the idea of a trees life span.  I love the beautiful imagery of tree rings.

One of my favorite puppet companies, The Phantom Limb Puppet Co., is doing a production of this concept on their website the beautifully captures these ideas through words.
They have not released any information about the production yet but this excerpt was enough to inspire me.  

Though not the same thing, this is something that is really cool that has to do with tree rings.

Sketches to come...
.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................


As I began working with the tree rings in rhino it became apparent that the lines are too fine and many for the CNC mill so I needed to come up with a different concept.  I will likely come back to this concept for the laser cutting project.

So my new approach was to take the puppet company logo I designed and model it into a relief.  

I Then brought the file into Rhino and cleaned it up.



I models my own shapes and lettering for the crest.  And I extruded the man.  The hardest thing was to have the etching for the control bar, I spent most of my time with it.  And finally I came to my filleted, etched, extruded, beauty.  




And then I booleaned the bad boy together.





No comments:

Post a Comment