Monday, April 15, 2013

Mitchell Biggio's 450 Sculpture Part 1

For this class I wanted to produce a sculpture in the same series that I started last quarter. The series is all about internal decay and complexity. The idea that there is no knowing what is going on within something.



 This is the work that I created last Quarter 

For the new sculpture I am going to have an even simple outer form with a similar kind of internal structure that the sculpture above has. I will use the same kind of work flow for the new one as the last one. This involves laser cutting many pieces of a simple shape of wood with holes in them so that I can put rods in it so that everything all lines up. I will then manually use a band saw and cut the internal areas. 

The shape of the new sculpture is going to be a simple box shape around 4 feet tall. 


This is a picture of some of the pieces of the this quarter's sculpture.

No comments:

Post a Comment