Saturday, February 9, 2013

Paul Derrico_Pepakura exercise






This exercise wasn't too bad.  It took a minute to get the file cleaned up for laser cutting.  Expanding the appearance of the dashed lines several times still led to some stroke issues with my file.  When importing it into Rhino, I had a lot of cleaning up and duplicate dashes to delete.

However, once I had the finished file cut, I had a lot of fun putting it together.  My wife got a bit jealous and muscled me out of the way so that she could participate.  I [printed mine up pretty large, and what I'd like to do is print some holes and reliefs into it to let line shine through.  I think it would be nice to have as a hanging chandelier.

I'm not used to polygonal data since I've gotten so comfortable with NURBS modelling.  But I enjoyed the exercise and I think it'll help get me into Maya a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment