Saturday, February 16, 2013

B. Rogers_ Waffle Sculpture

Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of the nurbs model from Rhino, but here is the file after modifying the waffle Script. This one took 2 sheets to fit everything , looking back I wish I knew so I could have scaled the sculpture up by 25% or so.


A lot of parts ; what I hadn't caught during the formatting process was that I had several places where the slices were blocked by the overlapping shapes, in response, the script maintained parts of the sculpture by executed uncompleted slots 


Trying to fix that problem (in the midst of a lot of assembly) generated some frustration. Ultimately, I wound up extending and/or splitting some of the slots. 


It wasn't a perfect process, but I managed to get the sculpture finished up. You could call it a study on the boolean processes.




No comments:

Post a Comment