Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Brianna Finkle : Final Collection

After such a great reaction from my FDM bracelets, I decided to create matching rings and a neclace pendant to create an entire collection. I started by modeling everything up in Rhino then having it printed on the Projet Machine to ensure a higher quality of print since these items were smaller and more detailed.


Pendant Rhino File

Ring Rhino File

The project broke last week while printing my files.
Above is what it looks like when the project printer looses vacuum pressure in the middle of a print. Everything was covered in wax and there was no saving it. Fortunately someone came to fix it just in time and and everything was able to be printed. Below is everything together, I am hoping that next quarter I can collaborate with a metals and jewelry student to have some of these cast in metal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment