Saturday, March 13, 2010

Carleigh Shannon: FDM - Project 2

My main focus for the FDM project was the surface population script from grasshopper than Professor Scott shared with us. My initial goal was to create a set of 12 surfaces, which was the maximum number I could fit into the 6"x6"x8" requirements. From here I wanted to create a ceiling piece that the surfaces could extend out from creating an intriguing experience underneath. This is what the surfaces look like


I later was informed that I would only be able to receive six 3D printed surfaces back, due to material restrictions. I then cam up with the idea to have the surfaces interconnected and create a light. I first tested the material in shadows and light to see which gave a more interesting light play.

After a few more studies, I developed my final form.







No comments:

Post a Comment