Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Macie Hart - Waffle Project

I made a simple oval in rhino and ran the form through a script in grasshopper. Once in grasshopper I added notches and adjusted the grillage. I then set up the file for being laser cut. 
After being cut I assembled and glued the figure.
After the glue dried I filled in all of the holes in the waffle structure with spray foam making a solid figure. 

I then covered the form with plaster bandages. 
When the plaster dried I coated the form with Aqua Resin and then epoxy where I added texture.
The form was then painted and adorned with copper wire. 

No comments:

Post a Comment