Friday, August 26, 2011

Kali Moon: Laser Cutting




If you don't like to close the door, here's a good helper, Door Bear!
The bear is hung on the door to keep the door open.
After I created a door bear model in Maya, I used Pepakura Designer which is for making paper craft models from 3-dimensional data.
I exported pepakura model to .eps file, which is for getting join numbers, and .dxf file, which is for showing folding lines.
I followed the order to be ready to laser cut by using illustrator and Rhino.
I glued the same join numbers together
and I got Door Bear.

2 comments:

  1. How do you get the Maya file into Pepakura?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great write-up, I am a big believer in commenting on blogs to inform the blog writers know that they’ve added something worthwhile to the world wide web!.. wood cutting tools

    ReplyDelete