Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Logan Miller: rapid prototyping

 Hey guys i got my 3D prints back the other day and thought i would share. i had a heck of a time printing these because the files where so big. I ended up making a mesh from the nurbs and it significantly reduced the file size. this orb is made from the same model that i made my serial stand from. i mad an arrayed pattern from the piece then i created a sphere from the rings.
these are the five orbs i had printed. the guys in the digi lab where nice enough to squeeze my last small orb into the print envelope for me.
i am very pleased with the full pattern around the sphere and how it changes further from the poles.


this is one of the pole on the large sphere. i love the architectural look i achieved.


No comments:

Post a Comment