Wednesday, April 10, 2013

KYLE JOSEPH SCPT_250 PROJECT 1 CNC MILLING

For this first project, I decided to base the object on a 2D composition created in Adobe Photoshop.
I have been making paintings similar to this piece for some time now, and I have started to branch out in to relief work. Lately I have been creating each piece as its own panel and then attaching them to each other with various glues. This process of CNC milling seems like an easier way to create these reliefs and allows for further reproduction by casting. After the object is milled, I plan to make a silicone mold and cast it in a resin or plastic. Then the piece will be painted accordingly.
This is the original Photoshop sketch with intended coloring. 
                            Inline image 1
                     I then created the model for the mill in Rhino using various methods learned in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment