Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Sam Lasseter, Grasshopper Serial Slice

For this project I am going to be making an element for my final puppet I do.  Inspired by the Handspring Puppet Company I want to make a puppet similar to their style.  

Adrian Kohler and Basil Jones, performing with a hyena puppet


I will be creating a Tasmanian tiger, also known as Thylacine, puppet.  This animal has always interested me; its form has so much personality and with a fascinating back story it would be a fantastic puppet.  The challenge will be to translate its expressive movements into a puppet form.  This is a short video that you will be able to see the movement of this magnificent animal.



The first step for this project is to make the head through serial slicing.  I will then bring it to boundary and hand carve it to the shape I want.


This the the head I took from the model bank and after I filled all the holes and capped the caps.


Then I sliced it up with grasshopper


And this will be it sitting in the shop waiting for me to care the shit out of it.


Finished gluing, next carving. 


No comments:

Post a Comment